The Big Wheel

Monday, May 22, 2006

Another great African forecast for the day - cold, wet, generally miserable with the 60% chance of power cuts. Mondays tends to do that.

Well rather Mondays than Fridays I suppose. If your week is going to have a shitty part it might as well be right at the start - just get it over with.

I got sent a rather addictive games today, kinda qualifys as indoor sports cause the only sport you're going to be partaking in today is a cross between 100m freestyle and Olympic figureskating on the highways.

Give it a try : http://www.wests.de/games/Stick-Cricket.swf

Great thing is you get bash it with a bat again & again & again.........

In other news it appears that 1Time (www.1time.aero) have launched their new special.
Yes , thats right, fly to Bloem for only R99. Booking on 22 May 'tween 12h00 & 17h00???



I know some people who would need that time just to figure out where Bloem is...are well, I'm sure there are lots of people wanting to fly there.... both of them!

But hey, if your in the mood and have some spare time on your hands or want to take an extended lunch, take a flight to Bloem and back quickly.

At least they climb above the cloud cover. So for R198 you can leave the gloomy weathered in city behind and remind yourself of what the Sun really looks like.

Shit, I'm slowly convincing myself to fly to Bloem...now that is crazy shit!!!!

7 Comments:

  • Ah Bloem. The City I Have Never Intended to See.
    Apparently there is more chance of it snowing in Bloem than in Jozi. I'll take my chances on the smog & crime and use the R198 to buy thermal underwear.

    By Blogger Champagne Heathen, at 24/5/06 12:34  

  • LOL...i was thinking that if one spent jus a bit more cash you could

    Fly to Durb's...Sun might actually shine
    Fly to Harare...adventure holiday & more action than Bloem..maybe even smuggle in a jar of Marmite and pay for the trip.
    Buy 2 one-way tickets to Bloem and send 2 people you really don't like.
    :)

    By Blogger Revolving Credit, at 24/5/06 13:24  

  • Bloem. The city I choose to drive past, not through, on the way to Cape Town. :)

    But bless. Be sure to give us an update on your experience.

    PS: Also are the men better in Bloem than they are in The Poenda? Or are we talking much of a muchness? ;)

    By Blogger Peas on Toast, at 24/5/06 16:26  

  • Fly to Cape Town...and recreate your own Survivor...Test Of Aqua skills during the 4 month downpour, Test of Might by walking against the gale forces winds, and Test of Endurance as you do it all without the added luxury of electricty!

    By Blogger Champagne Heathen, at 24/5/06 16:31  

  • Bloemfontein men... I think it would be like Big Foot or the Bermuda Triangle...you've heard rumours of them but you fear ever being the person to come across one.

    No, shame, I wouldn't have the first clue. I did know a girl from Bloem. She was a pastor's daughter who married a guy from PE. That situation might shed much light on Bloem men.

    By Blogger Champagne Heathen, at 24/5/06 16:36  

  • I'll be honest, I was actually born in Bloem and grew up there a little. And as much as I try to defend it, the punks just always seem to let me down. Thank my pops for moving me to CPT as a young lad to grow up other wise I'd sure as hell be a sad case.

    I dont know nothing bout the guys there(except that if you found a klippies-n-coke-drinkin, mullet-having, cheetahs supporting, off-centre-english speaking fella you wouldnt be too far off) but I will say some of the hottest chicks do reside there. There's something about these small towns man. Alas, I cannot say much bout their mental capacity though. Challenging to say the least...

    By Blogger SuavĂ©, at 24/5/06 16:49  

  • I am in Cape Town, so it's pointless buying ticket..like takeoff, eat a horrible in-flight meal, back back in CPT, pay stupendous amount of dosh for parking and go back home.

    Does feel like I've been partaking in Survivor though.

    Survived the following:
    Aqua challenge
    Wind might test
    Power cut survival test
    Striking Security Riot obstacle course

    Won the rewards challenge and got 1 whole sunny cloudless day as a prize.

    Waiting to see what happens to my ass at the next Tribal Council.

    I think that twit from the SARS tribe is out to get my ass.

    As for guys in Bloem, have no idea?
    Had a friend who drove to Bloem once to hookup with a chick he met in Cape Town..I do suspect some incestuous activities may have ocurred though...beside, chances are the Papas there may bring out their shotguns.

    So we'll keep our fraternisations this side of the boerewors curtain.

    By Blogger Revolving Credit, at 24/5/06 16:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home